ANITS is affiliated to Andhra University and following its Academic rules and regulations to honor B .Tech/ M. Tech degrees. Subsequently the Institute is given “Autonomous Status” by UGC during May- 2015 and it is applicable with effect from the admitted batch of 2015-16 academic year.
Autonomous Status means the Institute will have the academic freedom in the following areas and to maintain National/International standards as per the
- Designing its own curriculum.
- Framing the Syllabus.
- Conducting Sessional / Semester end exams.
- Maintaining strict student attendance and promotional rules and regulations.
- Declaring results within the stipulated period. etc.,
The system will be governed by the following committees regularly.
- Board of Studies at Department level.
- Academic council at Institution level.
- Autonomous Governing body.